Why does the market need a new brake? Are there not enough good brakes available? The phrase "the better is the enemy of good" applies here, as it often does. And what is better about these brakes? Put simply: they have a better braking force to hand force ratio. And how do they do that? With a very simple, hydraulically modified gear ratio which allows us to install the brake pads with a real air gap - meaning that, finally, that annoying whistling sound is gone. The whole thing is built in a very solid and simple way. Thanks to the big air gap, no brake fluid reservoir is required. The result is just as robust and reliable as the first hydraulic calliper brake from our Swabian competitors. Assembly, set-up and then many years of happy riding without the need for screws.
If you're reluctant to try a new system, keep in mind that this is the second generation of BFO's disc brake. It's already been proven in the European market, and basically, BFO is only a fresh face on this side of the pond.
The Brake Force One Disc Brake is manufactured in Germany to high standards and is sold as a front and rear in the colors Black, Silver and Red.
- Sensitive response characteristics and defined pressure point thanks to transparent cables with large interior diameter
- Lower hand force when engaging the brake pads thanks to weaker spring and revised turned parts in the handle
- New cable nozzles enable easier cutting of the cablesLess rigid inclination due to coated seals on the master piston
- Simple bleeding because oil is visible in the cables
- Integrated hydraulic booster
- Half operating power, yet double braking power
- Maintenance-free, closed system without break fluid reservoir prevents pressure point from shifting after long periods of idle time
- No more grinding and squeaking brake discs – Adjustment of clearance at the dial on the thumb brake lever
- Mineral oil brakefluid
- Special brake pads for boosted power
- Rubbered handle for excellent comfort
- Long lasting simple and strength construction
- Big safety reserve even in extreme use
- Lever travel adjustment
- Advanced ergonomics: one finger handles brake, the others grip the handle bar
- Extreme stiff calliper
- Superior test results by official independent test lab
- Weight: BrakeForceOne 205 g (without disc)
- Made in Germany
- Colors: Black, Silver and Red Calipers