Karate Monkey delivers a resilient, lively ride on all sorts of gnarly terrain. Its frame is a highly-versatile canvas for whatever dirty masterpiece your brain cooks up. According to our computing machine (Thor) it can be set up in approximately 487 different configurations.
Multipurpose Hardtail Mountain Bike.
Originally designed as a 29er (and the frame that helped spark the 29” wheel movement), the latest Karate Monkey is designed to perform just as admirably as a 27.5+ rig as well. This allows you to pick your poison — provided your poison is having a really great time while permanently donning a shit-eating grin, of course.
Modern trail standards: dropper post compatibility, 44mm headtube, Gnot-Boost rear spacing, thru-axles, suspension corrected fork.
Compatibility with most mountain bike standards makes it the perfect parts bin bike (no rim brakes allowed though).
Clearance for 29” x 2.5” or 27.5” x 3” tires.
- Frame: 100% Surly Chromoly Steel Custom double-butted, externally flaired tubing. Horizontal slotted with derailleur hanger, Surly “Gnot Boost” 142 or 148mm hub spacing compatibility
- Fork: 100% Surly Chromoly Steel 483mm axle-to-crown x 47mm offset, 110mm hub spacing, tapered and butted straight blade, 4130 Chromoly. 51mm I.S. disc mount
- Crankset: Shimano Deore FC-MT510-1, 30t
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Deore RD-M6100, 12-speed
- Cassette: SunRace CSMZ800, 11-51t, 12-Speed
- Chain: KMC X12 NP/BK
- Handlebar: Salsa Rustler without logo
- Stem:: ProMax, 31.8
- Headset:: Cane Creek 15
- Rear Shifter:: Shimano Deore SL-M6100
- Brake & Rotors:: Tektro HD-M275 , 180mm front & 160mm rear
- Saddle: WTB Volt 142
- Surly stainless, 33.1mm
- Seatpost:: ProMax, 30.9
- Wheels: Front 110mm, Novatec, 32h, Thru-Axle, Rear 148mm, Novatec, 32h, Thru-Axle
- WTB i40 TCS
- Tires: Surly Dirt Wizard 29 x 3”, 60 tpi, Tubeless Ready
- Pedals: Not included