The Big Block track frameset represents our vision of the ideal track frame for the modern fixed gear rider. This is the bike that we’ve always dreamed of building and we are proud to make that dream available to you. It soaks up bumps, sprints like mad, and loves to be ridden hard. Ride it on the street or take it to the boards, the Big Block will hold up it’s end of the deal wherever you choose to ride it.
While the Big Block was designed first and foremost as a true competition ready track frame, we made some tweaks to the formula to make sure that this beast could handle everything we like to do during the course of our daily lives. Unlike other track bikes, the Big Block doesn't suffer from the pedal strike or toe overlap issues that are so prevalent among track frames. Instead of the usual 25c max tire clearance, you can fit 32c cross tires and it’s got a single set of bottle mounts because we like to ride our bikes far. When we say it was designed for the modern fixed gear rider, this is what we mean. We’ve sacrificed none of the handling and geometry of a pure track bike, but added the ability to do more. If you are the type of person who rides fixed everywhere, the Big Block is the best thing going.
Custom head tube badge, signature dropouts, subtle graphics and timeless style. Each piece of tubing on every frame size has been carefully scrutinized and specifically chosen to create the best feel possible. Each size frame has been evaluated for optimum tubing butt placements, diameter, and wall thickness. Attention to detail is our mantra, and it shows in every aspect of this meticulously designed, beautifully constructed frameset.
Frame: 100% full 4130 ChroMoly steel. Double butted down, top, and seat tubes. Externally tapered, ovalized, and dimpled chain stays, tapered seat stays.
- Traditional track geometry: This bike was built for the boards. It features the steep angles and quick handling that you'd expect from a traditional track bike. It is 100% UCI track legal and would make an excellent classic velodrome racer
- Tire clearance: Check that fork crown and subtle dimple on the chain stays, you've got all the clearance you need without the ugliness of big open spaces. Space for 32c's if you're so inclined
- Steel tubing: Steel remains the preferred material for those who appreciate ride quality. It is the benchmark that all other frame materials are compared, and for good reason. Nothing matches its ride, fatigue life, or affordability
- Signature Dropouts: Investment cast from stainless steel, featuring built in chain tensioners, and the timeless Hennepin Bridge icon
Fork: 100% 4130 ChroMoly tapered fork blades, lugged crown and matching dropout.
- Steerer Tube: 1-1/8" Threadless
- Fork Rake: 32 mm
- Axle to Crown Length: 375 mm
- Crown Race: 30.0
- Front Axle Type: 9x1
- Wheel Size: 700c
- Front Hub Spacing: 100 mm
- Brake Type: Road Caliper - Short Reach
- Material: ChroMoly