As you may know, the Long Haul Trucker enjoys a reputation as one of the best riding and most value-packed touring bikes out there. Sometimes a combination of load, climate and terrain demands a bit more braking performance than a rim brake LHT provides. That’s where the Disc Trucker comes in. It’s a Long Haul Trucker with 51mm I.S. caliper mounts instead of rim brake mounts. When designing the Disc Trucker, we started with a brand new set of rear dropouts which place the caliper mount between the chain and seat stays, providing uncompromising clearance for a rack and fender. This means no jury-rigging to get your rack to play nice with your disc caliper.
Your Disc Trucker is designed from the ground up to take you and a bunch of stuff just about anywhere you’d like to go. You’ll need to outfit it with the extras you want, like fenders and racks. We don’t include that stuff because everybody’s needs are different, but from the casual commuter to the person who rides around the world more than once, the Disc Trucker is more than capable. It’s a tool designed to help you get lost and find yourself.
- Tubing: 100% Surly 4130 CroMoly steel. Main triangle double-butted. TIG-welded
- Fork: 4130 CroMoly, lugged and brazed, tapered curved blades with lowrider rack eyelets
- Rear dropouts: Vertical, 135mm spaced
- Brake compatibility: 51mm disc calipers (160mm rotor only)
- Braze-ons: Upper bosses and dropout eyelets for racks front and rear, fender eyelets, pump peg, spare spoke carrier, and three sets of water bottle cage mounts
- Seatpost diameter: 27.2mm
- Seatpost clamp diameter: 30mm, Surly Constrictor included
- Headset: 1-1/8" threadless
- Front derailleur clamp diameter: 28.6mm
- Bottom bracket shell: 68mm wide, English Threads
- Chainring clearance: 42/53t double, 38/52/56t triple
- Max. tire size: 26": 2.1" with or without fenders
- Frame Size: 42-62cm accommodate 26" wheels
- Color: Brilliant Blue