A headset designed to bridge the gap between the 40-series and 110-series headsets. Hellbender 70 has all the design characteristics, sealing elements, and Hellbender bearing found on a premium 110-series headset, at a price closer to a 40-series.
Cane Creek's Hellbender 70 headset is made of 6061T-6 aluminum and comes with a black anodised finish. The headset also features a low-friction upper bearing seal and a double lower bearing seal, completely protecting the bearing cups from dust, mud or other contaminants. That's why the Hellbender 70 offers exceptional durability and reliability previously reserved for the high-end 110-series headsets.
Hellbender - The new LIGHT BENDING ball bearings bring sophisticated seals together with the stainless steel hardware and let the headset run so long-lasting and silky smooth - following the example of the mud devil (Hellbender), a kind of salamander, which is known in the company logo at Cane Creek
All complete Cane Creek Hellbender 70 headset assemblies (top or bottom) will use a 36x45 degree contact angle bearing.
- Cups and Covers - 6061 T-6 Aluminum, Internally contoured and relieved to minimize weight and maximize strength
- Covers - Low-friction upper bearing seal completely seals cup from contaminants and is fully captured by the top cover with no loose parts
- Crown Race - Alloy Dual-Seal crown race provides excellent seal efﬁciency with low friction
- Bearings - Premium, sealed stainless-steel HELLBENDER bearings
- ZS44 will take a 41mm bearing
- ZS56 will take a 52mm bearing
- Interlok®: Interlok® spacer compatible
- Warranty: 2 years
- Stack Heights: ZeroStack (ZS) — 8mm top, 4mm bottom
- Color and Finish: Bright - Dip anodized Black finish