There’s a reason this is one of our bestselling, longest-running packs: it’s got everything you need, and nothing you don’t. The M.U.L.E.® has a narrow-gauge design that keeps it light and maneuverable—so even when it’s fully loaded for a day of mountain biking, it won’t get in your way. The latest edition is built around the brand new Crux reservoir, which is even easier to load and refill, and delivers more water with every sip. Since we launched the first M.U.L.E. in 1996, mountain bikers have been telling us that it hits the sweet spot of size vs. storage: it’s lightweight, but big enough to carry three liters of water and a day’s worth of snacks and gear. Over the years, we’ve also added air channels to keep your back cool, universal helmet hooks, and clever compartments for stashing tools, keys and electronics. The latest version also features a magnetic tube trap that snaps easily into place, so you can hydrate without taking your eyes off the trail.
- The brand new Crux delivers 20% more water per sip, with an ergonomic handle for easier refilling, and an on/off lever that makes it easy to prevent leaks.
- Magnetic Tube Trap™ keeps your tube secure and accessible when you need it
- Air director back panel offers air channels to keep your back cool
- External hooks let you carry your helmet while still allowing full access to your pack
- Stretch overflow storage compartment lets you easily stash a rain shell or extra layer
- Reflective accents for visibility in low-light environments
- Removable stability belt keeps everything in place during bumpy rides
- Hydration Capacity: 3 L
- Total Capacity: 9 L + 3L Reservoir
- Reservoir Features: Quick Link™ System, quick-seal cap,
- Pack Weight: 620 grams
- Dimensions: 45.5 x 22 x 22.5 cm
About Hydration Packs:
Letting yourself get dehydrated is the quickest way to compromise your performance and ruin your fun. A hydration system lets you carry a good amount (usually 2 or 3 litres) of water without interfering with your hands and with a convenient valve to drink from whenever you like. During intensive exercise, you'll need to drink around 1 litre of water every hour which means sipping little and often - much easier if you don't have to stop what you're doing and locate a bottle. Adding an energy drink to the water makes the process even more effective and can enhance performance. Make sure you choose a cleaning kit to go with your system or you'll be buying a new reservoir regularly! Different systems combine varying amounts of hydration capacity with a wide variety of cargo options, meaning you can carry everything from an energy bar to all the gear you need for a full day out.