Angular Contact cartridge bearings specifically designed for hubs and bottom brackets. In standard radial bearings, only 3 or 4 balls make contact during the load, at any given time. In Angular Contact bearings, ALL balls are engaged and spread the force over a larger surface area, to decrease friction and minimize wear.
Grade 5 chromium steel balls are within 5/1,000,000″ round. These are military level specification, used for precision equipment. R-64 hardness, of the highest grade. 52100 high carbon chromium alloy races go through a vacuum de-gassing process resulting in the purest chromium alloy steel, hardened to R-62. Nylon with graphite retainers are virtually friction-less while providing constant lubrication.
- BEC-5 rated bearing with 5/32 Grade 10 balls, the largest in the industry
- 12% increase in static load rating compared to standard 6806 bearings
- Dual lip, groove type seals keep dirt out and 90% fill rate grease in
- Balls are micro-coated with long lasting protection from friction
- Stainless Steel Angular Contact
- Type: 6806
- Dimension: 30 x 42 x 7mm