Marrakesh is our world-touring bike, designed for fully loaded, rugged exploration. Marrakesh is stable and predictable when heavily loaded, and durable enough to be strapped down to the roof of a bus jostling over a remote pass. Turkish dust around the bottom bracket and mud from Thailand’s monsoon season make just as much sense on this bike as all the stickers from the other countries you’ve visited do. When you’ve decided to stop dreaming and actually make that year abroad a reality, Marrakesh is ready to pile on the miles.
- Drop Bar-Specific Sizing - Marrakesh Drop Bar comes in various sizes designed around drop bar setup and features a more upright and relaxed riding position on the tops or hoods for all-day comfort over varied road surfaces. The drop bar adds a third, more aerodynamic position for battling the wind. If flat bars are more your thing, check out the Marrakesh Flat Bar, which features an identical fit and hand position as the Marrakesh Drop Bar, but gets there using a flat handlebar.
- Alternator Dropouts - The Alternator dropout delivers incredible drivetrain versatility. Run singlespeed or geared, QR or thru-axle, freehub or Rohloff. Set the Alternator dropouts all the way forward for a shorter wheelbase that results in quick and nimble handling, or set back for more stability - the power is yours
- Salsa Marrakesh Fork Included - Steel, straight 1-1/8" steerer, with stainless double eyelet dropouts, low rider rack bosses and Three-Pack bosses
- Generous Tire Capacity - Marrakesh is designed around a 700c x 29" (622 ISO) disc brake wheel and is compatible with 700c x 40 mm tires with mud guards or up to 29 x 2.0" tires without. Max disc rotor size is 180 mm.
- Marrakesh Touring Geometry - Marrakesh features a low bottom bracket for stability and standover, an adjustable chainstay length to tune wheelbase and turning characteristic. The front end is designed with 62 mm of mechanical trail (66 mm ground trail) resulting in a stable feel that is still allows easy turn initiation when loaded
- Versatile Cable Routing - The frame features housing guides and stops to account for everything; 1x, 2x, 3x, and Rohloff, along with full-length rear brake hose/housing.
- Downtube Shifter Compatible - Shifter bosses on the downtube allow the Marrakesh to be set up with indexed or friction shift levers directly, or adapted with housing stops to allow use of bar-end, trigger, or integrated brake/shift road levers on the bars. This versatility increases the odds of cobbling together a shifting drivetrain anywhere you might need to when the adventure really begins
- Multiple Bottle Cages - All frame sizes accept 3 bottle cages. Three-Pack mounts on the fork legs increase capacity to 5 bottles per frameset
- Fender Mounts - All framesets ship with Alternator swing plates that feature fender mount bosses, and the front fork dropouts feature double eyelets
- Spare Spoke Mount - Located on the top of the left chainstay
- Kickstand Plate - Because kickstands are highly functional and cool when touring, despite what roadies and mtb'ers might have you think
- Triple Butted Chromoly steel tubing frame with Alternator dropouts
- Wheelsize: 700x50mmMax w/o fender
- Headset: ZS44, EC34/30
- Seatpost: 27.2mm
- Crankset: Touring Triple 48/38/26T or any Mountain 2x or 1x option
- Front Fork: 100 x 9mm QR
- Rear Dropout: 135 x 10mm QR
Recommended Rider Height: Framesize: 52cm - 158-165cm; Framesize: 54cm - 165-173cm